Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!


My original plan to celebrate this holiday was to make a great big ol' pumpkin cheesecake. Can I get a big "Duh!" (I even found about twelve gazillion recipes, including the knock off recipe for the one at Cheescake Factory.) But since it is nearing the end of the month and my food budget is pretty much spent, I decided the next best way to do this would be to head down to Bruster's Ice Cream and get a scoop of their Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. And since I never in a million years let a fruit or vegetable based ice cream flavor beat out something insanely chocolately when choosing any dessert, this choice was almost unprecedented. But you know what? It was delish! And the kids enjoyed coming along for the ride as well :)

No comments: