32 Truths I Have Learned About Myself
In no particular order...
1. I really hate to stay up past midnight for no good reason. I am not a night owl.
2. I love the feel and the sound of typing on a keyboard.
3. I think my favorite smell is actually cut grass.
4. I really, really LOVE peanut butter. Much more than I thought I did.
5. I absolutely hate celebrity gossip shows like TMZ, Extra, and Entertainment Tonight. They teach us to be incredibly materialistic and hypercritical. I get super annoyed when I have to watch any of them for any amount of time.
6. I don't really like to watch TV in general. I could go months without ever watching it.
7. My favorite sandwich is ham and cheddar cheese. I thought it was turkey, but I really think it's ham and cheese.
8. The only thing that makes me genuinely and truly suddenly want to throw up (gag reflex and all) is watching someone eat a bug (i.e. Man vs. Wild) or hearing a big roach get squished (i.e. that scene in Men In Black). I just don't do the eating of bugs. Other things don't seem to gross me out in the same way.
9. It's basically physically impossible for me to not order anything out of the Scholastic Book catalog when Cindy brings it home from school. I just can't resist.
10. I can only use dandruff shampoo and dandruff conditioner. Only. Nothing else. It is the only thing I can use if I want my skin to stay clear. It has taken me over twenty years to accept this fact.
11. I despise being cold and I hate not seeing the sun for more than a day.
12. I can't stand having unpainted toenails. It literally kills me.
13. I am actually very, very shy and very self-conscious around people (and the public and general). My confidence is all an act, people!
14. I really do like to sing :)
15. I HATE movies about kidnappings- I refuse to watch them.
16. The most important part of a meal when eating out is the free bread. Macaroni Grill and Outback are the best.
17. I always regret eating fried food.
18. I always, always, always feel better after I go for a run. Almost like a completely different person.
19. I am obsessed with movie soundtracks and scores. I can't get enough of them! (So is my mom, so I thank her for this genetic addiction)
20. Furthermore, I think I am obsessed with music in general. I am the type that hears a song in a store or restaurant or in an Internet video and then goes home and downloads it that evening. I notice music everywhere; in commercials, while on hold, coming from a restaurant across the street- I just love music.
21. I really would rather be blind than deaf. Silence scares me. See number 20 for explanation.
22. I always make too much rice and too many noodles when making stir-fry or spaghetti. I am incapable of getting this ratio correct.
23. I am completely addicted to the Internet. I would die without it.
24. I really do make great oatmeal! And by "great" I mean totally unhealthy. Also, microwave oatmeal is gross. Sorry, Quaker, but the old-fashioned oats out of the round canister are the only kind worth making.
25. My favorite color is blue. I always think it is something else, but it isn't. I just love blue. Particularly navy. (Oh shush, Jacob, I don't care if it's boring, it's true!)
26. Oreos might actually be my favorite cookie.
27. I don't really ever get offended. Maybe I'm too tolerant or maybe I just have too lousy a memory, but I feel like in 99% percent of life I just don't get offended about things. I think this might just be my superpower.
28. I don't mean to brag, but I'm awesome at word games.
29. My favorite chores are loading the dishwasher or folding a load of all bath towels straight out of the dryer.
30. I think I really like the band Lifehouse. I seem to really enjoy every song I have heard by them. And Enrique Iglesias is my pop star boyfriend. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
31. I love my curly hair. After 32 years, I get it.
32. I still don't really understand what a Kardashian is, how many there are or why the heck they are famous. (I actually thought they were an alien race on Star Trek that attacked the Klingons one time, but Jacob tells me this is not true. And he would know :)