While I get to work on my scathing editorial exposing Hallmark for the charlatans they are, enjoy these Great Quotes from Great Skeptics.
"What can be more palpably absurd than the prospect held out of locomotives traveling twice as fast as stagecoaches?"
- The Quarterly Review, England (March 1825)
"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires and that were it possible to do so, the thing would be of no practical value."
- Editorial in the Boston Post (1865)
"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
- Lord Kelvin, ca. 1895, British mathematician and physicist
"There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home."More of those quotes can be read here.
- Ken Olson, 1977, President, Digital Equipment Corp.
But just in case you were wondering, here are the:
Top Ten Things I Am Most Skeptical About
10. Global Warming
9. Cars being able to run on water
8. NBC's fall lineup
7. The Bucs winning one game this season
6. Milli and Vanilli still being friends
5. Kinoki Foot Pads
4. Reduced fat peanut butter tasting as good as regular peanut butter
3. US Soccer doing well in the World Cup next summer
2. Two different people agreeing to marry Britney Spears
1. OJ finding the real killers