Thursday, March 10, 2011

Well, we did name him Luke for a reason

Luke's Star Wars obssession is reaching epic proportions. He plays LEGO Star Wars on Xbox every single day, he is logging thousands of light years of playing time on Starwars.com (his matching skills are second to none), he watches either episode 4, 5 or 6 at least once a day, and last night after a getting a drink before bedtime, he returned from the kitchen and told me, "I'm just like a Jedi, because I went and got a drink and Dad didn't even see me!!!" He takes his light saber with him everywhere and we role play the epic Luke/Darth Vader duel every single day. Luke is very dramatic when he tells me "You'll never get away with this, Dark Vader!!" So his Iron Man birthday is officially OUT! Star Wars birthday is officially IN! We have already spent many an afternoon finding internet photos of Stormtrooper birthday cakes and I will defnitely have my work cut out for me this year. Plus, I might just have to bite the bullet and fork out the dough for the Stormtrooper Weekend over at Disney. If his experience there is anything like Cindy's when she first met a real princess at Magic Kingdom, it will be well worth the price of admission.

Plus, last night I found him asleep like this:



I think that pretty much says it all :)

2 comments:

Sean said...

Luke is living every Sweeney's dream! Wake up, eat, watch Star Wars, act out Star Wars, play with Star Wars toys... I think everyone remembers the Christmas vacation where Robert spent his entire time putting together a 3D puzzle of the Millennium Falcon...

Mags said...

Haha! That was something I noticed the first time entering the Sweeney's home. There were Star Wars things here and there.