Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's Jimmerick Time!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I have decided to post some Jimmericks. You know, 5 line rhyming poems about Jimmer Fredette and his awesomeness? (Limerick + Jimmer, Get it?!) Hope you enjoy them- if you have any you would like to contribute, email me or post in the comments. I would love to grow the collection. Oversold it? Nah....

And by the way, today while you are reading this, I am at Disney with Jacob :) Which is again why I am madly in love with technology. And Jacob too, of course.

From Me:

There once was a boy named Fredette
Baddest white boy baller youv’e met.
They are off to The Dance
Where they might have a chance
Oh wait, first round is all they will get :(


When he plays he sets off all the cameras
Taking pics of his shooting bonanzas.
Jimmer’s his name
He’s got mad skills and fame
And now Batman wears Jimmer pajamas.


There was once a boy named Jimmer
Who wanted to be a good swimmer
He got in the pool
But he looked like a fool,
But on the court, we all beg to differ!


Jimmer is not from this Earth
I’m having to question his birth.
He’s part man, part machine
And part Wolverine!
Now that's what's called 'Infinite Worth'!


Jimmer plays for my Alma Mater
He helped us with the U of U’s slaughter.
He’s brave and he’s bold,
And does what he’s told.
So Jimmer, please marry my daughter.


From my awesome dad...

If Jimmer continues red hot,
And the defense he’s facing is not,
Who knows what he’ll do?
It could turn out to be true
He invents the world’s first
Ten-point shot!


While praying at my Jimmer shrine
A light ‘round by bed did shine.
With a face like LaVell
An angel did tell
Me the tourney would work out just fine.



From Dave:


Jimmer used to play ball at a prison,
now that is a funny ole vision.
He silenced the crowd
(and inmates can be loud),
overcoming all their derision.

There once was a kid from Glen Falls;
a New York town without any malls.
Sso he played ball all day,
became quite good dare I say,
And now he can beat all y'alls.

6 comments:

Mags said...

Oh my Dave, really? All y'alls? Oye...

Linnley Marie said...

I am not a Jimmer Fan, but those were funny.

Karin said...

Now I'm going to be speaking in limerick all day! :)

Mike said...

This Fredette boy is one for the
ages
He will fill up the record book
pages
So excited we get
With young Jimmer Fredette
That the mania becomes quite
contagious!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

In the first round Jimmer played Wofford,
he took on the challenged they offered.
the win was a cinch,
he can score from the bench.
and now the get to play Gonzaga