Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 4- Who Knew?

Well, I was not aware of our weather forecast here in Central Florida for this week. (I wouldn't have believed it anyway, actually.) But today and the rest of the week it is supposed to rain. All. Day. Which it has already has done today. Non-stop! This is so unlike Florida. But since up until today we have not had rain in 17 days, I guess we need it. However, this complicates my hairdo plans! I cannot straighten my hair when it is humid. Even a little bit, so this week you are sure to see me pulling some rabbits out of some hats. Rosa will love it! Anyway, tonight we are celebrating Cindy's birthday with the grandparents, and even with some great grandparents so I have been running around all day cleaning, making a cake, etc. and haven't had a chance to take the picture yet. But here it is:
Not the best lighting to see it, but it's all I got right now....







This is called the "I feel really overdressed for Publix" hairstyle. I messy bunned my hair back and then it's a black grossgrain ribbon I found in my sewing box and I wrapped it around my head and secured it in the back together with a safety pin. I doubt that is acceptable hairdo protocol, but again, it is all I have and it has worked pretty well. I have already been out in the pouring rain in this and it holds up good. I thought the ribbon would get all loosey goosey on me and drive me crazy, but it really hasn't moved. So it's not too bad, I can honestly say I would wear it this way again! Shocking! :)

1 comment:

Karin said...

Fun! I bet you looked fabulous walking around Publix like that!!!! :)