Friday, March 25, 2011

Hairdo #1

I am thinking most of my hair posts will come at noon or later due to my workout schedule. I never seem to make it into the shower earlier than that. Day 1 has arrived and my anxiety level is rising dramatically about this. It is not the hairstyles that scare me, it is the taking a picture of myself! Definitely not one of my favorite things in the world, but for the three of you that read this blog, I will overcome :)


I am using the webcam on my laptop to make things a little easier on myself with all the pics I am going to be taking. Sorry for the prison-esque lighting. I promise I am in my living room, not in an abandoned warehouse somewhere in the Balkans.

This hairdo is one I lovingly call the Allie Bailey. She is one of the young women in our ward and she has this amazing straight hair that I love. She is definitely one of those girls that could pull of a 30 day hair dare, no problem. She always looks cute no matter what she does with it, but in particular I like when she just pulls up the middle front section and pins it with two bobbi pins. Usually hair near my face drives me batty (even just kind of hanging there at the sides), but so far it is actually not so bad. My cowlick is getting a little crazy over trying to be forced backward. But it needs some serious discipline anyway. I have also decided that bobbi pins need to come with a manual. It took no less than 15 tries to get the hair properly secured. Now you see why this is such a challenge for me :)

4 comments:

Karin said...

It may be a challenge, but it's looking pretty cute! Good job!!!

Mags said...

I was looking at that blog that Karin told you about in the comments section a few posts ago, and there are some interesting things in there. It will be fun to see what you can come up with. Straight hair is pretty dramatic on ya(might be cause I'm used to see the curls). It looks nice.

Sarah Smile said...

You're honoring Utah by trying a poof. It looks way better on you than it does on a lot of girls here. :)

Linnley Marie said...

Looks super cute! And there are more than three that read this blog silly. You should try it curly as well, I have tried a couple of times.