Monday, March 14, 2011

Break it down!

Woo-hoo! The Sweeney family officially made it to Spring Break for 2010. It came about two weeks earlier this year but no one around this house is gonna complain :) So far today, I raked out my garden and started raking the backyard (6 bags of leaves just for an hour of work- Oy!), I ran early (bless you Jacob for being home all week) and then Jacob and I did two rounds of P90x together (which is working like a dream, in case you cared, but I don't imagine anyone really does :) And having Spring Break start they day after you start Daylight Savings time is the best idea since cancelling Two and Half Men. This way we all get to be in a wobbly circadian stupor and it doesn't really matter because there is nowhere any of us really have to be. Except for tonight when Jacob and I have to be at Gators Dockside for All You Can Eat grilled chicken wings, or Wednesday when Jacob and I have to be in Orlando for our anniversary, or Thursday morning when we have to be at Disney for the day, but other than that, no one is expecting us :) Cindy and Luke have spent their first day of break blowing bubbles, eating cupcakes and watermelon, watching Barbie Thumbelina (a DVD that has been lost for over a year until I found it this morning behind our living room bookshelves) and generally just hanging out and driving each other absolutely crazy every half hour. I love it when they bond. And best of all, while running this morning I had two great epiphanies:

1. If the rule for our children is that you get to have a big party on a birthday where you turn an even number, this means that Cindy and Luke will never turn even numbers in the same year. Only one big party a year! We are geniuses!!!

2. I finally figured out what my next blog project is going to be! I can't spill the beans yet, but I really think there are some of you out there that will find great amusement in this. Especially because I am going to be making a spectacle of myself. Well, kinda. I will feel like a spectacle anyway. More details coming within the week...

1 comment:

Linnley Marie said...

Oh I am so excited for your next big project!! Also smartest Idea to do the every other year birthday, we only had parties on our big birthdays (8,12,16,18)but it was great for my parents. I didn't work out this morning I couldn't wake up because of Daylight savings. Only one more day then I can sleep in :)