Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 6- GREAT NEWS!

Not about my hair, although, I think it turned out pretty good...but the real good news is my mom is home from her surgery and everything went perfect! She handled the drugs just fine, the doctor had overwhelming confidence that he got all of the tumor, and they did not find anything in her lymph nodes. This is definitely a direct answer to prayer. Thanks for always thinking of her :)


On to the hairdo! This is called the "Curly Poof"- basically just the hairdo from Day 1, only curly. My sister-in-law Linnley suggested it so I gave it a whirl. I have to admit, doing this style curly never crossed my mind. But here it is and it's not too bad :)



And also, today Cindy turned 7 years old!



Here she is straight from her glorious day at school with her birthday superstar crown. Which I hope she didn't wear like that. Okay, actually I do. It's so wacky!


This year we did a family get together on Monday night for family night. She opened presents and ate her special mini cake and ice cream (while the rest of us had a healthier option of strawberry shortcake). I am such a dough-head for not taking pictures of everyone that was there, but both sets of grandparents were there and also Cindy's great grandparents, Rufus and Nadine, were there too. It is times like these that Jacob and I really realize how good we have it living down here with family :) A few pics....



Cindy's "Tangled" cake...

After she blew out the candle, my dad asked her if she made a wish. She said yes. Grandpa then said, "I'm not sure if it worked- Luke is still here." The jocularity never ceases around this place, I tell ya!


Presents. Way too many, as usual...



I guess I did forget to mention that two Stormtroopers came to the party. They wanted some of that cake and ice cream soooo bad. And with good reason- the brownie moose tracks Publix ice cream was incredible. But isn't all their ice cream? YES :)

1 comment:

Linnley Marie said...

I like that hair do on you. It looks better with your curl hair than with mine. I usually do it with a ponytail or to the side. So happy about your mom's surgery! Glad she's doing well.