Friday, March 4, 2011

Out of the mouth of Babes

Last night Cindy and Luke were sitting at the table waiting for us to start dinner. To deal with their boredom, Cindy started to take a fork and clink the side of her glass. She said, "I'd like to make a toast..." And then started laughing hysterically. Luke kinda only smiled and then clinked his glass just like her and said, "I'd like to make some bacon..." I am still laughing about that one.

I was leaving for my mom's house and was telling the kids to hurry up. Cindy told me, "Wait! Luke has to use the restroom!" Luke immediately chimed in angrily, "NO, the BATHroom!"






Cindy was asking me exactly when her birthday was this year. The past two years it has been during Spring Break, but this year it finally isn't. I thought she would be happy, but she was pretty upset. She asked me, "Why isn't it during Spring Break???!!" I told her, "I don't know, Spring Break is early this year." And then she got this look of total understanding and said, "Oh, beacause of the Groundhog."






About 3 weeks ago I went to my mom's house to borrow something and I took the kids. For some reason this visit turned into a chance to scare the living tar out of my mom over and over and over again. She and the kids starting chasing each other around the house and my mom probably got scared about 18 times in 20 minutes. There was screaming, running, laughing and ever since that night, my kids believe that was the highlight of their entire lives. So tonight when I told the kids I was going to my mom's real quick, they tagged along and were very optimistic that we would play the scaring game again. In fact, I could hear Luke in the back seat saying, "I really hope we can scare lots and lots and lots and lots lots of crap out of Grandma tonight!!!"

Oh, I love these kids! :)

1 comment:

Mags said...

Oh, I am laughing. Your poor mom. Although I think she enjoys it.