Tuesday, March 29, 2011

King Fry

Again, you will have to humor me as this post qualifies as another silly Bingham Family Tradition that needs to be preserved in the annals of history.

Ever since I was little my family has played a little game called King Fry. It occurs whenever we are eating fast food and are having french fries. Each of us digs through our allotment of fries to find the longest, tallest fry we can. We then declare it to be our King Fry and then have to hold up to everyone else's to measure and see if ours can be declared the true King Fry. We are nothing if not accurate. So what does having the actual winning King Fry get you? Nothing. Just the satisfaction of knowing that your fry bag had the best one. We're easily entertained :) Has no one told you this?


Which brings me to this Luke Quickie. The other day I went through the drive-thru and got Luke a Happy Meal. The smell of the fries was too much to take, so I finally caved and asked him if I could have one. He said yes, so while driving the car, I reached one arm behind the seat and waited for him to give me a fry. I waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, I said, "Luke, my arm is going to fall off! What's taking so long?" and he said "Hang on, I am trying to give you King Fry!" Awhh! Greater love hath no 4-year-old than this; he sacrifices King Fry for his mom :)

1 comment:

Karin said...

What a sweet guy!!!! :) You are very blessed!