Monday, December 1, 2008

THE 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

Okay, okay, I am trying to decide whether or not it is even possible for me to blog 25 days in a row. I would like to think I have enough rambling, mindless drivel to put on here for over three straight weeks, but who knows? I think I am at least going to give it the old college try. So check back in every day and see #1 whether I can blog for 25 straight days and #2 random treats for you to enjoy each day leading up to Christmas. Think of this as your virtual Advent Calendar. So without further ado........

DAY 1-
Sunday was spent putting up the Christmas tree. I learned from this experience that it is pretty much next to impossible to tell Cindy about a any future event that is not happening IMMEDIATELY. I made the mistake of telling her on Saturday that we would put the tree up on Sunday and for 24 hours I got to answer the question "Are we putting up the tree now?" Aye carumba! But, finally, after switching the color of the lights on the tree three times and taping it to the top of my filing cabinet to keep it out of Luke's grasp, we were able to put the decorations on. Always a good time remembering the events that correspond with the ornaments. (You will be seeing some of the ornaments in question over the next three weeks on the blog. Did I hear you say, "Oh, goodie!" I bet I did!) I also hung the stockings today (on a very high door frame to, once again, elude Luke's grabby little hands) AND put some lights outside amongst the grounds and shrubbery. Ole! So get out your Santa face spoon rest, your Merry Chris-Moose figurines, your knitted "Santa Loves Cats Too" stocking and let the festivities begin! Or as Cindy sings "Deck the halls in shranky holly, Fa la la la la, la la la la." I don't get it either, but it is still hilarious to hear.

No comments: