Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh the horror!


Since we moved back to Florida, there is a Christmas party we have attended each year that really is one of the highlights of the Holiday season for me. The food is great, the company is great, and of course, the white elephant/yankee swap gift exchange at the end is unequaled. I have tried each year to really put a lot of effort into finding just the right gift that has equal parts of tackiness and utter irresistability- hence the William Hung Christmas CD last year or the electric bug light tennis rackets the year before. My parents are masters of this game and have always somehow managed to win some of the most coveted, horrid gifts you can imagine (including a giant metal bird with a springing neck, a porcelain frog in a clown suit and a plug in electrified dolphin that Luke demands be plugged in every time he is in my Dad's office), AND the really funny part is that they were the ones that brought these awful things in the first place! But in the 3 going on 4 years we have gone, NO present has equaled this THING my mom found at Bealls Outlet 2 years ago. We have affectionately named it the Crocodillo. As you can see it is a nasty brown color, it has jewels all over its back AND as you may have guessed from the CORD- it does light up!! Why, why, WHY Crocodillo??? Why do you exist? Who made you? It is just the worst! The more interesting part of the story is that my Mom brought this and she nor my Dad ended up with it and they were so disappointed. However, my Mom went back to Bealls Outlet and found ANOTHER one and gave it to my Dad for Christmas. Nice touch, Mom! How more than one of these was made is beyond me- but, anyway, the original Crocodillo that was won at the party has come back to haunt everyone before and I have a feeling it might just make an appearance on Friday night. Film at 11...

1 comment:

Jen said...

strangely appealing.. really...