Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Best Christmas Movies Ever

I have already covered the subject of Holiday music and apparel so naturally it is time to discuss Christmas Movies. Personally, I don't think there are that many good ones out there. I think there is some generally accepted Hollywood rule that Christmas movies have to be complete bombs. (i.e. Christmas with the Kranks, Four Christmases, Jingle all the Way, etc.) Thankfully, there is obviously one movie that is clearly the best of all time when it comes to Christmas movies. So here is my list and also my favorite parts from each one:

1. A Christmas Story- Too many funny parts to mention in their entirety. Obviously I love the bunny suit, the leg lamp, "Fa-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra, Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra", "It 'twas, Soap Poisoning!!!!!", The Bumpus' dogs, the daydreaming. A total classic.
2. Elf- Finally Will Ferrell in something that is not completely and totally inappropriate! I sometimes watch this movie in July, just because it makes me laugh so much. The best part is when he jumps into the tree to put the star on top and a close second is the longest belch in movie history. Gross.
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas- When the Grinch's "heart grew three sizes that day", Cindy Lou Who (now that I have one of my own), the serving of the "Roast Beast". I really do watch this one every single year and I still love it every time.
4. The Santa Claus- Tim Allen was so perfect for this role. Still laugh my head off every time when he tells his ex-wife's boyfriend that his own Christmas Eve activities included "field dressing a cat".
5. It's a Wonderful Life- "Merry Christmas Emporium!", And of course the end where everyone comes to help him out. Really makes you think about the people that you helped during your life.
6. A Charlie Brown Christmas- I am a total sucker for any of the Holiday Charlie Brown movies. They just remind me of being little and how my grandparents loved Snoopy. The best one is Thanksgiving where Snoopy helps make "dinner" of toast and popcorn on the ping pong table. Hilarious!

So what makes your top 6?

1 comment:

Kt said...

Good list. These would be some of mine:
-Mr. Krueger's Christmas (truly inspired)
-The Family Man (Nicholas Cage)
-Home Alone: Any franchise that contains the line "Merry Christmas, you filthy animal!" pretty much makes my list.
--Some version of 'A Christmas Carol'