Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's 11, time for the film

Last night was the Christmas party I told you all about- and the gift exchange, for me, did not disappoint one bit. Here now is what I ended up with at the end of the night:



Yes, you are reading that right. A self-tanning system, and not only that, it is the Frankie Avalon Self-Tanning System so you KNOW it is quality. It comes with a refreshing herbal mist, an exfoliating cleanser AND the self-tanning lotion. What a bargain!!

Now, you are probably wondering if I will actually use this, and the answer is "Already did!" I went from pale and nasty to tan-o-riffic!:

Personally, I was thrilled with how natural it looks. Not at all fake like some other self-tanning products. I decided I was not the only one who would benefit from this. So I shared it :)







The animals were quite cooperative, I must say. And the truck looks totally AWESOME with a tan.

Now, the real story on this gift is that it was purchased from the Home Shopping Network 20 years ago and it was a real, live product that was sold on TV. It obviously never got used and now it is mine to have and to hold for as long as we both shall live. I did peruse my little eyeballs through the pamphlet that came with it, straight from Frankie himself, and I found a few bits of useful information:

#1. Never Underestimate the Sun!
#2. This product is best used up to 6 months within purchase (Oops!)
#3. I can use the herbal mist anytime I wish to feel more refreshed.
#4. He wants to know how well it works for me. Because, remember, "[he] reads every single letter personally." Well, I will be mailing him a postcard ASAP! And lastly,
#5. He has spent more than half his life at the beach. Not a bad way to live, my friend!

If anyone needs to borrow some of this, let me know, I can spare a little. But not too much, I gotta keep up with the program or people will think it is fake!

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

This is so funny. Your pictures crack me up!!! I wondered how much you could get for such a collectors item on ebay??

Jen said...

Total awesomeness