Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oldies but Goodies

Let me now share with you a few more ornaments that have stood the test of time. These three are ones that I have on my own tree thanks to my Mom giving me my ornament collection when I got married. That is kind of the accepted Bingham right of passage- getting your ornaments when you get married... Yeah, we're goofy like that.

This one only has "Jessica '79" written on the bottom, making it the oldest one I have. Girl angel on a sleigh with an unpainted present in the back. I am highly amused by the legs up in the air. I guess this was an action shot type of ornament, where she is in motion coming down a hill or something. Even though the right side of the sleigh has broken off, it is still going strong every Christmas.


The one-eared Mouse: Simply marked "J- '80" on the bottom. Don't know anything about this other than I put her up every year and she is very old. The sentimentality is killing you, isn't it? Apparently wood painted ornaments were very 'in' back then.


This one really is my favorite ornament from yesteryear. It is the construction paper angel, complete with cottonball face. I am sure I made this in Nursery. It only says "Jessica 1981" on the back. I think I like it most because the red mouth is coming off of the cottonball but is still attached. Also, it has no hair- so maybe it was really a tribute to my dad. :)


You know, as I look at these pictures and reflect on them, I have realized something important. I should be a hand model! Seriously, is there money in that? Then I could wear gloves all the time and not do dishes anymore! I really have to explore this idea...

No comments: