Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanky Thanky Bo Banky

I hope that everyone out there in cyberland had a good Thanksgiving. We spent it with my Mom and Dad and my brother and his family. It was a very nice, relaxing day. Way too much food, way too much sugar, some games, more food, dozing off a couple of times and taking home some awesome leftovers.


So, you may be asking yourself, "I wonder if Jessica did any shopping on Black Friday?" The answer is a resounding "Sort of." I had perused the ads of the Thanksgiving Day newspaper (which I am positivie weighed more than the turkey we ate) and only found two things of any interest to me. One was a singing Barbie doll that Cindy really had wanted ($9.99- Ro from Barbie as the Island Princess) and then a train table for Luke that I was watching out for as a gift for his birthday in April. I woke up pretty early anyway this morning, as the Zicam throat spray I have been using for 3 nights in a row suddenly did not work anymore. I think I have become immune from overusage :( But I decided to head down to Bealls at about 7:30am before the kids woke up- a whopping 3 and a half hours after it opened- and, surprisingly, the store was still standing! I even called my mom and she joined me for a little while. Plenty of elbow room, the line evened moved pretty fast, so overall a pleasant experience for what is supposed to be a crazy day for shopping. I did the get the Barbie doll, but since it is not the one she wants for Christmas, I will stash her away until her Birthday in March. The train table turned out to be a total bust because of the myriad of horrible reviews it got online at toysrus.com. Which is fine by me, it gives me over four months to find one on my local craigslist for about half the price.

Anyhow, Thanksgiving does give me time to reflect on all the things I have to be thankful for and not surprisingly, most of them are not "things" at all. They are my parents, both sets :) and the fact that I get to live here so close to both of them. My siblings and their wonderful spouses and families. Uncle Brian and Uncle Sean for serving missions and being great examples to my kids. Jacob and my two adorable children. The Gospel, my testimony, and of course not to mention my amazing friends that humor me and my quasi-talent for turning my boring life into a somewhat entertaining blog that people voluntarily read. That last one still really blows my mind... ;)

No comments: