Saturday, February 5, 2011

E is for Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day!

This is too a holiday! The Internet told me so, so nanner, nanner! It falls every year on the first Saturday in February (but is not to be confused with Eat Cake for Breakfast Day, which is, of course, every January 31st). Therefore, out of respect for the blog and its loyal readers, this morning in Sweeneyville we all ate ice cream for breakfast! With waffles and bananas to justify it a teeny bit and to not make the kids use the phrase, "But remember that one time you let us eat just ice cream for breakfast!" as some form of double standard blackmail torture against us for the rest of our lives. I was incredibly tempted to just make the waffles out of yellow cake mix, or heck even some glazed donuts, but I got my head on straight and I have to say it was the best breakfast I have had in some time. And I eat A LOT of breakfast, so that is saying something :)

We let the ice cream get a little melty :)


Luke heartily approved of this breakfast!

And in case you need the best waffle recipe on the entire planet, here it is.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Did you use real buttermilk or substitute (lemon juice & milk)?