Thursday, July 7, 2011

You can't handle the truth!

It's National Tell the Truth Day, so I guess it's time to come clean and finally tell you the truth about something...

Cucuface is not actually a cat. She is a powerful, carnivorous feline android sent from the Omega Centauri galaxy to be my domesticated pet and protect me and my family from the evil Grox, which are cleverly disguised as harmless squirrels. I know, right?! I have kept this information from you for way too long, but I feel the time is especially appropriate given that this morning Cucuface caught a squirrel and proceeded to lay it out on my driveway and eat the front half of it WHOLE. That was at about 9am and she has been chowing down on that thing all day. Do you hear what I am telling you!?!?!? She ate the entire head, skull, brains, neck, bones, ARMS, FUR- everything. If you want pictorial evidence, I do have it, but honestly I was gagging while taking the picture and didn't want to offend any of my readers. (Davina Fallaw, whose children came over to play today, took a lovely photo on her phone and tagged me on Facebook with it, so maybe you can take a peek there if just have to see it.) Thanks for protecting us, Cucu. You've performed admirably.


AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:


Today is also Chocolate Day! How was that for a segue? And if you want the truth about that, I am a certified Chocoholic. I didn't really think I was but when I go over the evidence, I really, really, really do LOVE chocolate! (Dark Chocolate being the real deal, milk chocolate is for posers.) Cake, pie, cereal, brownies, doughnuts, s'mores (sorry Nathan) Frosties, sundaes, milkshakes, tootsie pops, smoothies, valentine's candy, peeps- whatever it is- I always prefer chocolate. Take me to an ice cream shop and I will never pick a fruit flavored treat. Ever. I will always choose the chocolate. As for the celebration of said holiday, we are going with the old standby of fondue:




And just for kicks, can anyone guess or tell me what ONE song (title and artist required)comes up in my 8,000 song library when I type in the search word 'chocolate'? I will put your picture on this blog if you can figure it out :)

2 comments:

Linnley Marie said...

With it being National Truth Day I will tell you the truth about Chocolate. I cheated and ate a half gallon of Chocolate Frozen Yogurt this weekend. I am a chocoholic and ice creamaholic :)

Karin said...

I have no idea about your chocolate song...but I am curious. Mine would be "Hot Chocolate" from The Polar Express. :) I did find a listing of food songs here, though, to combine your love of music with your love of food: http://www.mixedup.com/foodsongs.html
They do have a chocolate section, as well as ice cream (in case Linnley needs music to listen to while she eats)!