Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's a good thing I ate ice cream yesterday...

Because after watching the end of that Women's World Cup just now, I would be tempted to go and eat a half gallon of triple chocolate delight just to ease my pain. What a world, what a world!

I actually celebrated 3 holidays yesterday. The first being Cow Appreciation Day. And what better way to celebrate that than lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. Cows, I appreciate you so much. Especially when I bite into my medium-well bacon cheddar burger, whose patty is bigger than my face. Maybe it's because I only eat ground turkey at home, but that burger truly was incredible. No really, cows, you complete me.


Next I celebrated National Cry Throughout a Movie For No Apparent Reason Day. Okay, this one might exist just in my head, but that doesn't mean it isn't real, right? ;) Jacob and I went and saw Harry Potter after our Longhorn lunch. I guess I was caught off-guard by how much I really came to care for all the characters in this series, but I found myself crying at all different parts of that movie. Watching it end was a little bit painful! I am not a big fan of change, mostly because it means the end of something. And how can I live in a world where a new Harry Potter movie doesn't come out every Christmas? It's gonna take some time to adjust.


Finally, after the movie we hit the DQ for some Blizzards. I knew that today was National Ice Cream Day, but I wanted to do all of my diet damage in one day, rather than split it over two. I haven't had that much ice cream in a while, but it was pretty good. Can't go wrong with something called Chocolate Explosion, though, can you? And since cows also give us milk, well, it was simply another way to show my appreciation for all the overachieving they do.

So there was my Saturday; partying, festivities, Harry Potter, crying, explosions of chocolate, appreciating cows- it is never a dull moment around this place. And the party train ain't stopping yet, because guess who gets to clip Rosa's nails tonight! Bring. It. On.

No comments: