Friday, July 22, 2011

Two Luke Quickies

The other day when I went with my mom to her chemo treatment, I gave the kids the assignment to make a kitten playhouse while I was gone. I had been saving a few boxes to put together with duct tape and cut holes in them to give the kittens a place to rough house and have fun together. When I got home, the kids had indeed made a playhouse. Jacob helped them put it together and it had two stories and ramp! Plus, the best part is that, of course, Cindy and Luke had decorated the outside with markers. Cindy showed me all the stuff she drew and wrote; mostly things like "For Kittens Only" and lots of pictures of cats. Luke's drawings however, were a little harder to decipher. When I asked what one of them was he said, "It's a picture of Dad doing pull-ups and pouring down sweat." Between summer and P90X there is pretty much nothing going on here but sweating, just so you know.

And this was just overheard from Luke in the hallway: "Barnacles, barnacles, BARNACLES! If I had my bug tweezers I could pick up this roach in the hallway!" It's Florida. There's always a roach in the hallway :)

No comments: