Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Well, of course it is the 4th of July today and I hope everyone out there gets to spend lots of time with family, friends, a grill and some explosives. It's the American way! Jacob and the kids and I made it to the pancake breakfast at church this morning, which has become our unofficial anniversary. 12 years ago today I laid on eyes on my future husband :) Even better was coming home with a gallon of leftover milk and enough extra pancakes and sausage to make mini McGriddles until Thanksgiving. Now that is is what I call freedom! (from having to make breakfast for a long time...) The rest of the day will be spent trying to make myself exercise, swimming and eating, and the possibility of doing some fireworks with my parents to make sure Cindy's life isn't completely ruined by having a lame 4th. All she can talk about is how last year was the BEST FOURTH OF JULY EVER. I think she has said that about 12 times already today and it's not even 11am. Not that I disagree, I mean, we did go to Chris and Molly's AND Brian and Kelly were here, so it's gonna be next to impossible to make this year better than that. But we are going to at least try to make it acceptable...


I did paint her toenails and fingernails to match mine:





And we did just find the kittens that Cucuface moved:






(After searching our entire yard 6 times, almost crawling under our shed, saying prayers and then patiently spying on Cucuface, we found them in the old rabbit cage about 3 feet from their old box. Right under our noses. Good grief!)




***Side note: It has been determined that Leia is actually a boy, so she has been renamed Han.



And finally, I did find one little clip for us all to enjoy from comedian Jim Gaffigan that really sums up July 4th:



HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY EVERYONE!

No comments: