Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Sugar Cookie Day!

I am thinking there are WAY too many food holidays in this country.... Yesterday was nice and safe- it was Video Game Day- which is always celebrated on Friday nights in glorious fashion here in Sweeneyville. Across three time zones, the Sweeney brothers get together and fire up the Xbox, put on the headsets, and as a choreographed team blow people to smithereens with grenades and mass amounts of military weapons. Ahh, male bonding at its finest :) I didn't really think that warranted a blog post. Anyway, getting back to the sugar cookies... I will not be eating them today. I DJ'd a wedding reception earlier and had TWO cupcakes, so I better lay off the sweets for the evening. However, no fear, I won't leave you hanging! Here for you now I present the weird and wacky world of cookie cutters:





These actually double as cookie cutters or egg makers, which is good because I can't just eat gun shaped cookies, I must have gun shaped eggs. Life would be utterly incomplete without firearms at breakfast.


You were never this close to actually being Pac-man...


We all know what to get my brother Brian for Christmas now.



I love these guys! Eating these would be a 'kick' wouldn't it? Ah, I kill me.



I want to eat this dragon cookie just because look at the size of the cookie you would get to eat! It's like eating two Ninjabread Men.

Actually, here are some obvious pantywaist gingerbread men that just got Jimmered by the Ninjas.


Nerdy




Nerdier



Nerdiest





Unexplainable. Oh wait, it's German.



And finally, one of my more creepier Internet finds so far this year. Because cute little stork or carriage shaped cookies are way too silly for a baby shower. We demand accuracy, people! We need fetus cookies and we need them NOW.


P.S. Sissy heart cookies at Valentine's Day will now be replaced with these:





To be honest, I suck at making roll out shaped cookies. I mean, I do enjoy myself a tasty sugar cookie, but they are a lot of work and I can't ever seem to get the dough cold enough to not stick to the counter. Plus, they do not inherently come with chocolate in them, so they can't possibly be my favorite. What is my favorite cookie? Well, sometimes I am pretty sure it's these:

Alien Oreos! I really would buy way more of these if they glowed. Just a tip, Nabisco.



No comments: