Friday, January 15, 2010

How is Luke just like the pretzels at a bar?

He's complimentary! Seriously, I have to admit that I have raised myself one heck of a cheerleader in that boy. Yesterday alone he clapped and "whoo-hooo"'d for me when I set the table, when I added noodles to boiling water, when I did my exercises, and then again when I promised I would take him to the park on Saturday. He gets so excited about the little things :) Another one of his most used phrases is "Nice _______!" Insert any noun in there and he means it! He has told me "Nice blanket!" when I tuck him in at night, or "Nice crayons!" when I get some out for him to play with, or "Nice toothbrush!" when I brush my teeth. He even exclaimed, "Nice Fire!" when we went to my Moms for FHE and a fire on Monday night. He seriously loves to say that about pretty much everything! And he loves to tell me I am doing a great job at things. I was making a dessert the other night and he told me "That's a great job, Mom!" And when I gave him his lunch today he said, "This is delicious!" I have definitely not made a conscious effort to place these things in his head, but I guess I have noticed the same thing about Cindy. She always tells Jacob when he makes pancakes something along the lines of "Dad, you make the best panacakes in the whole wide world!" And she too is known for telling Jacob and I when we are doing a "great job" at something. Despite the fact that the kids are so young and kind of naive, I have to say that their optimism and kindness really goes a long way! I think we all need to have that kind of encouragement throughout our day. Whether checking the mail or bundling clean socks, I join with Luke in saluting you with a hearty "Whoo-hoo! You did a great job!" Well, this blog post is done. I am now going to enjoy the standing ovation Luke is sure to give me for my efforts. (Ha! I just told Luke, "Well, let's go get dinner ready!" To which he clapped his hands and yelled, "Hooray!!!" Man, I would love to clone him. This age is too fun :)

No comments: