Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Experience #26- Get a Facial

My friend's Facebook status update about a week ago was about the amazing facial she had just gotten (Thanks, Melissa!)- and when I read that, I thought to myself, Aha! I have never ever had a facial! and so I called the same gal who did hers and made an appointment to get one. And you know what? Getting a facial is pretty darn great! I went to Karen Taylor at Nu Image Salon here in Lakeland and got a 30 minute mini-facial, and my eyebrows waxed, just for good measure. It was great! I got to wear headphones and listen to very relaxing music while I had all kinds of cleansers, toners, moisturizers and a mask applied. Karen told me before the facial that the biggest compliment I could give her would be to "fall asleep in the chair" while she worked. I didn't exactly fall asleep, but I was definitely doing some deep meditating, shall we say. I was in my own little world, visualizing myself doing everything from flying to canoeing. (What? Canoeing is very relaxing!) Which is great, because how often do we get to totally zone out and let our minds wander for a good 30 minutes? Almost never. It was very refreshing! But at one point I did come out of it long enough to hear an older lady telling her stylist about her husband being unable to play Bunco anymore because of someone's cheating; which I thought was a classic beauty shop moment. At least I think I heard that. Karen would have to confirm that for me... Anyway, two thumbs WAY up for facials and for Karen, who did a super amazing job on my perpetually bushy, Vulcan brows.



I was torn as to whether I should even take and post this picture, what with my tremendously obvious non-makeup'd face and all, but I knew that I needed a visual for this post, so in the end my logical side won out. Told you my brows were Vulcan!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look fine. Make-up, no make-up...tomato, tamato.