Sunday, January 24, 2010

He Shoots, He Scores!


Could I be more proud of Jacob? Not really. This past Friday Jacob coached his girls soccer team to a school first 3A District Soccer Championship. This was pretty much the team’s only goal for the entire season. Last year his boys’ team was ranked #1 going into Districts, but lost in the first game. Would lightning strike twice? Thankfully, no. I usually don’t go to many of his games- mostly because they are very far away and start too late for the kids, but also because I am a nervous wreck the entire time. Due to the significance of this game, it was about ten times worse. I could barely eat the whole day. I was so nervous! I just knew that Jacob wanted this so bad and no one could be more deserving. In the end, they held off Frostproof, 2-1, and now get to play in Regionals next Thursday. Hopefully this is the start of a new tradition: every time my birthday approaches, Jacob is hip-deep in post-season play. I wouldn’t mind and I know he wouldn’t either :)

See, Jacob?I told you that you were a great coach! Now you just happen to have some hardware to prove it.