Sunday, January 31, 2010

Experience #29- Drive a Riding Lawn Mower


(I can't even tell you how much I LOVE the face I am making in this photo. I can't stop laughing at it every time I see it. I hope you feel the same way.)

Considering that mowing your lawn in Florida is a year-round activity, and one which I have engaged in thousands of times, you would think I would have been on a riding mower somehow, somewhere during my life. But nope, never have! So I called my good friend Carol Ivey, who lives down the street from my in-laws. I see her son, Jacob, out there riding and mowing all the time so I figured she could help me out, and she totally came through for me! It was awesome. After a 2-minute crash course on starting it, speed control and the clutch, I was off! Uninsured and without a lawn mower license! I bravely went across the street and around the neighbor's yard and back. Twice, even! And I have to say that that thing can boogie! (I see now why there are people in the world that created the sport of lawn mower racing.) Anyway, it was really fun! I would definitely enjoy mowing the lawn way more if I were riding around on a little tractor the whole time. Carol was so sweet and took some pictures for me of this momentous occasion. We tried and tried to get Cindy to take a quick ride on my lap with me, but she would not be budged. It was "too loud and bumpy." But we did manage to get her on for a quick, goofy picture. Thanks, Carol! You're the best! 30 Experiences down and 1 to go!


And this picture was a VERY close second favorite. Cindy is progressing with her spastic photo faces quite nicely, I would say.

No comments: