Saturday, November 28, 2009

My official review of New Moon

I am sure you are all wondering why it has taken me so long to put a review of the new Twilight movie on here. I mean, my blog is kinda like the unofficial guide to the movies, you know? But I did actually go and see the movie again today, just to be sure I knew how I truly felt about it. So my apologies for the delay, but I only have your best interests at heart. Here are my thoughts in a nutshell:





THE GOOD
•The entire look of the movie was much better than Twilight.
•Much more humor in this film than its predecessor.
•Carlisle Cullen was in the movie again :) And he is still the best dressed vampire on the planet.
•The CGI of the wolves was pretty decent!
•I Loved the Volturi and thought Aro was delightfully bizarre.
♫♫The score to this movie has some of the best pieces of music I have ever heard. It's my new favorite movie music by far.


THE BAD
•The screenplay could have been a little stronger.
•Edward desperately needs more of his charm.
(If you have read the books you can easily fill in the gaps, but for those non-bookies, I don't think they quite understand why exactly Bella is so drawn to Edward, especially when Jacob looks like he does.)


THE UGLY
•Two words: Jasper's hair.
•Two more words: Edward's vest.
•The scene where we see Alice's vision of Bella as a vampire was the "Hold on tight, Spider Monkey" moment of New Moon. I cringed.

I do want to say that after I saw the movie the first time I was not really feeling it. It just didn't seem like they got it right. But perhaps I was analyzing it a little too much. This second time around the movie was fantastic! So my overall rating is officially 4 out of 5 fangs.

*Just want to announce that my annual showcase of bizarre and expired foods from the county holiday food drive will be appearing shortly. You don't want to miss it- there are some classics this year :)

No comments: