Not because it is almost Thanksgiving or the Christmas holidays. Nope, those things are all secondary to the Polk County Employee Holiday Food Drive! And you know what that means- my favorite thing in the whole world: Bizarre and outdated food! My dad already dropped of the first batch to me on Monday, and actually there were some pretty good items in there. Ones that might show up on Thanksgiving Day, FYI to my family. Anyway, just getting you excited about that. The full post won't appear for about a month, but I am getting all warm and tingly just thinking about it!
Since my Dad is the head honcho in charge of the county-wide food drive, he emails every single county employee every morning to remind them to donate. And since you know my dad can't do anything the normal and boring way, the emails are full of trivia, humor and general tomfoolery. In fact, they were so wildly popular last year that people were emailing my dad in October this year to make sure he would do it again. Of course he is not disappointing them, and one of his latest emails discussed Hollywood movie scenes that had to do with food. So on Monday he and I chatted about that and decided this was a blog post that needed to be done! So here for you now are my personal Top 5 Hollywood Movie Scenes that Focus on Food.
5. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory- The whole movie is about candy, but specifically the scene where Augustus Gloop is drinking from the chocolate river and the Mom says, "Augustus, NO!"
4. A Christmas Story- When the family has to eat Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant and they bring out the 'smiling' duck. Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra, ra-ra-ra-ra!
3. Big- When Tom Hanks shows up to his work party in that ridiculous tuxedo and eats the little corn, row by row.
2. Nacho Libre- Where Nacho finally gets to make large salads and blows a handful of crushed tortilla chips at Incarnacion. (Or where Stephen is eating the corn and he knocks it out down saying, "Get that cornoutta my face!")
1. Pee Wee's Big Adventure- The breakfast-making machine. Specifically, the part in his morning where he talks to his breakfast, Mr. T Cereal, eats with a giant fork, takes one bite and leaves. Classic!
So what did I leave out? Go ahead, post a comment and tell me your favorites :)