Monday, November 16, 2009

My favorite Twi-hard

I wanted to put a shout out on my blog to the person I thought of the most when prepping my "Salute to Twilight" week: My dear, sweet little Ellen Foley. She is one of the young women in my ward at church and is one of the funniest and most interesting people I know. (Her father happens to be "the real James Bond" if you were paying attention back on Navy Day...) I think the first time I knew just what kind of a superfan I was dealing with was way back when I was reading New Moon. I was on about chapter 6 and I asked her, "So is Edward coming back or what?!!" and her response to me was a huge smile and "Wait until page 451 :)" From her very cool Twilight charm bracelet to her 'don't-even-get-me-started' rants about the differences between Twilight the book and Twilight the movie (with about 10 minutes devoted to the hairstyle discrepancies alone) she really, really is a true Twilight fan. I don't think there is anything she doesn't know about it. Plus, back when I was learning my Twilight piano piece, she was the first person I kinda sorta played it for. She actually teared up and told me how good it was. She is too kind :) The good news is that she also has a life. She is an amazing actress and singer, an accomplished swimmer, and an all-round good person with mad babysitting skills. Plus, she attends Bartow High School, my alma mater, which makes her 'cool' factor increase by 31%, easily. Anyway, whenever I have Twilight questions or musings or need clarification on Volturi member idenification or just need someone to tell me Carlisle Cullen's shoe size- I know Ellen's got my back. Can't wait to share some of Thursday night with her. It's going to be legendary!

No comments: