Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ONE YEAR IN SWEENEYVILLE

It was exactly one year ago today that I started Sweeneyville. Hard to believe it has been that long already! And since the traditional gift for a one year anniversary happens to be paper, I am now in the process of publishing my blog into an actual book I can keep on my shelf. So, I am using a website called blurb.com and a program called BookSmart (that you download on your computer) to edit and set up my entire blog into book format. I am sure it will be eleventy twelve zillion dollars to print it, but in the end I think it will be worth it. The ultimate journal, you might say. So two things in honor of this being my one year mark....

1. I would be remiss if I did not give a shout out to Jen Barnes, my former BYU roomie who conned me into this whole blogging thing anyway. If not for her, Sweeneyville would never exist. Thanks Jen! We met when we were roommates at Deseret Towers in the Commons Room; (which was the the makeshift housing cubicle with no windows set aside for slackers that didn't sign up for housing in time). Anyway, we had some hilarious times in there. Truly, those are some of the BEST memories I have- freshman year with Jen and Amy. Stay tuned, because I am defnitely going to have to blog some more about those 9 months...(although I need a scanner if I am really going to do it justice. I got some great pics...)

2. As I have been editing my blog on that computer program, I have had a chance to re-read all of my posts. So if you want to know my favorite entries for the past year, here are my top 5:

5. Story of the Dead Bird
4. It's Cindy's World, I Just Live In It
3. Once there was An Elephant
2. Sprint Triathlon Results
1. Pardon the Interruption, but...

So there you have it. I love milestones! I hope next April 29th I will be working on publishing my second year in Sweeneyville (and that you will still be bored enough to keep reading this :)

And on a completely different note, Jacob gave Luke a sweet new summer haircut last night, so here he is in all his glory...

2 comments:

Chris said...

I lived in the common rooms on 7th floor Q hall , baby! I was so glad to get a real room second semester with good 'ol Brady Warr.

Jen said...

Ahhhhhhhh shucks! Happy blogaversary! Dude. There could be many a good posts about those days. For example, title of post number one, "We don't have a window, and you don't understand."