Sunday, April 5, 2009

6th folder, 6th picture

I was tagged by my friend Jen to post the 6th picture from my 6th photo folder and then blog about it. So here it is. Hard to believe that this is Luke, huh? It was taken about 3 weeks after he was born. I took a whole bunch of pictures in hopes that I would get some good ones for some Mother's Day presents. Of course, instead of being able to just enjoy the pictures and think about how cute he was, I remember completely analyzing and dissecting each one of these pictures to see if I thought Luke's face looked asymmetrical. This was taken right in the middle of all his doctor's visits and tests and scans about his right jaw and we were wondering if he really had Goldenhar's Syndrome, as he was first diagnosed in the hospital. So honestly, this photo brings back memories of worry and uncertainty. However, all those tests pointed to his condition being Hemifacial Microsomia- which is a very, very mild condition where one side of the jaw is a little smaller than the other. Not a big deal! Plus, he is so dang cute, who would ever know? This one was my favorite from that photo session, though...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Those are AWESOME photos! LOVE IT!