Saturday, April 18, 2009

They must get this from their Dad...



Sorry, you are going to have to indulge me for this post- Cindy and Luke have just been making me laugh a lot as of late, so I have to document a few moments today.






First off, Cindy had to have her Kindergarten shots the other day. Yup, a finger stick and 4 vaccines- it was not going to be fun. Her appointment was at 3pm, so I told her at about 2pm that she had to go to the doctor. She immediately got very worried and asked me right away, "Do I have to get shots??" I told her I didn't know, so we would just go and find out. She was begging me to call the doctor and find out right then. I thought that was silly and I asked her, "Why do you want to know right now?" And she said, "Because if I do then I can start crying!" Oh, poor girl. :) Well, she did great and made it through the trauma. And Dunkin' Donuts afterward helped induce the amnesia I knew would come.

Also concerning Cindy...The other night she was begging me to let her watch a movie as she was going to sleep. That is not an option for her on a school night, so I said No. She was very mad at me and finally after I told her No for the third time, she put her hand on her hip, cocked her head with some serious "oh-no-you-just-didn't" attitude and said to me, "Well, you don't have the fruits of the spirit right now- Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control!" Hmmmph! And she snorted and went off to her bedroom to go to sleep. I stood there in shock, she did not miss a beat on that one. I had just been Biblically rebuked by a 5-year-old. What planet am I on?

And finally, last Thursday while Jacob and I were doing our taxes, the kids were just staying up and playing quite nice together. Cindy eventually pulled up two of our bar stools to the edge of the TV room and she sat on one while Luke sat on the other. The channel was still on PBS after Dragon Tales got over and it was a nature special about snakes. You would think this would creep Cindy out, but it was like a car accident she could not look away from. Luke on the other hand, sat next and watched, but the whole time he was groaning and yelling "EWWWWW! GROSS!!! SNAKE!!! EWWWW!!!!"
But yet he sat there content to be with his big sister. Funny kids!

No comments: