Thursday, May 31, 2012

Putting It To A Vote

After watching two recent soccer games, one featuring the US Women's National Team and the other featuring the men, I have to decided to put something very crucial to a vote by the readers of Sweeneyville.  (Both of you need to give me your opinion.)  I feel that the new uniforms for the teams are hideous.  Absolutely hideous.  It hurts my eyes to even watch them.  Here is what they look like:








And just to be fair, here is what everyone who likes them thinks they look like:



Furthermore, I talked with my brother Brian today and he told me how much he loves them.  What planet am I on?  It's like he's not even my brother sometimes.  I have taken the pleasure of adding a poll over there on the sidebar and would love to know if you like them or if you are a thinking human being with any fashion sense at all.  Horizontal stripes?!  It's killing me.  Jacob and I are actually going in person to watch the men take on the international soccer powerhouse of Antigua/Barbuda next Friday in Tampa, so you have until then to draw your line in the sand.  I personally think the tickets should be discounted $10 just because we have to watch them play in those shirts.


By the way, if you want to know what I think a good uniform looks like, take a hint from the Dutch....



Now THAT's a jersey!

2 comments:

Mags said...

Hmm, to preface my comment, I don't watch soccer. However, I will say if a uniform is supposed to make you stand out, they achieved that with the stripes. I also thought about prisoners. So I really did go to wikipedia. You will discover a picture of your US soccer team from back in 1885: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_uniform
It goes on to say something about pink underwear too. So watch out for that soccer team when you go watch.

MIsty Bingham said...

Hate to say it, but I do like them..... The other one is cool but I like them...sorry