Tuesday, May 29, 2012

But Was There Really A Lighthouse? Yes, There Was!

The "lighthouse" of Lighthouse Beach.
Okay, here are a few pictures from Friday from our trip to Sanibel.  We decided to spend the afternoon at Lighthouse Beach. Sanibel has about 5 or 6 public beach access points, but since this was the closest from when you get on the island, we started there.  And that was a great decision because it was heavenly :)  Close parking, soft sand, a great view of the Gulf and skyline of Ft. Myers and it was perfect for my children.  The waves were very small, there wasn't a lot of anything swimming in the water to freak them out, it was very shallow and of course, there were great shells in abundance everywhere.  It was so tranquil and quiet out there too!  No screaming weirdos or anything.  Plus, by about 6pm we were some of the only ones left on the entire beach!  Amazing.

First sight of the water


Me and Cindy soaking up the rays.  I look so white compared to her!  But then again, so does EVERYONE

Nothing funnier than watching Luke walk in his flippers :)

You can just barely see the awesome skyline behind Luke.

Blue sky, blue water.  And my mom in her straw hat if you look really hard.

Serenity.

It wouldn't be a Bingham beach trip without digging a giant hole in the sand :)

Only thing missing was Jacob!

Proof that my children can be brave if they want to be.




Even used dead sea flowers for boot thrusters!


I knew if I made them a mermaid tail and Iron Man Legs once, I would have to do it the rest of my life.....and I was not wrong.

No comments: