Monday, May 4, 2009

SALUTE TO STAR TREK WEEK!

As further evidence of how Jacob has turned me into a gigantic nerd, I give you Exhibit A: changing my blog for the week to celebrate the new Star Trek movie that opens this Friday. Whoo-hoo! So to start out, today I give a top ten, written by my dad, myself and even Jacob pitched in for one of them. (I'm so proud of him!)



TOP TEN WAYS STAR TREK WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF GENE RODDENBERRY WERE LDS

10. Klingons serve on the bridge, but not allowed to hold the Priesthood
9. Federation presided over by First Quorom of Romulons
8. When faced with a difficult decision, Dr. McCoy would say "Darnit, Jim! I'm a Doctor, not a High Councilor!"
7. On-board computer voiced by Lloyd K. Knewel
6. No beaming up allowed on the Sabbath
5. Chekov would get all the lines about Joseph Smith so he could say "First Wision"
4. Instead of stun, the crew would set their fazers to "Peace, be still"
3. Kirk and Scotty almost come to blows when Scotty replaces dilithium crystals in warp drive with Urim and Thummim
2. President of the Federation is sustained as prophet, seer, revelator and the only person on earth authorized to use the cloaking device
1. Kirk constantly referred to as "Menace to Society"

Now back to your stations.....

No comments: