Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yet another great parenting tip

And now I will pass on yet another piece of my most wisdomous parenting advice. Here is one I rediscovered this week. And actually, I can't even take credit for it. My friend Karin's husband's mother (try to follow along), who had at least 22 kids if I remember right, used a pizza cutter to cut up all the kids pancakes and waffles. (Insert music from Handel's Hallelujah chorus here) I absolutely HATE cutting the kids' pancakes and waffles. It just makes me CRAZY! Especially when they are so chewy and stretchy. The pancakes, not the kids. So the other day I remembered the magical pizza cutter and within seconds I was ready to give up my life as a homemaker and become a professional pancake cutter. Now I want to make the kids waffles every meal of the day just so I can cut them up in under 3 seconds. Plus I am also thinking, what else can I cut up with a pizza cutter!?!?!? Tip of the iceberg, my little friend...

2 comments:

Mags said...

I did follow that and that woman is amazing. She watched Lucas for us for a few hours on a random trip to the town she lives in. Lucas was two and had the time of his life. Trampoline, swimming, cats and kittens all around...LOVE that family! I do like that advice too. I just might have to try that sometime.

Karin said...

:) Happy cutting! I use mine for quesadillas & pizza & all kinds of stuff. Do you use string or dental floss to cut cinnamon rolls? I've found that works better than a knife (or probably a pizza cutter...but, who knows? Maybe a pizza cutter would cut the dough, too!)