Monday, August 1, 2011

T-Minus 6 Hours

Later tonight I will go and pick up Cindy and DeAnne from the Orlando airport. She has had a great week with her Grandma but I think she is ready to see us again :) I talked to her this morning and she was a little bit weepy and homesick. Ahh, she does love me, afterall! Anyway, I have been hard at work here re-doing her room and I finally got it all together today. I can't wait for her to see it. Although, by the time we get home it will be about 1am and she might be so tired that she doesn't even notice. Either way, I am really pleased with how it turned out.

Anyway, here is the finished project:


It's more grown up now (sniff, sniff) but still has some little girl charm to it.



I do have this one wall that remains blank while I wait for inspiration to strike me.... (Hopefully a nice picture from the upcoming wedding will fill that purple and white frame)



Vinyl words? Posters? Pictures? A giant mural of my favorite team in the Canandian Football League? I just can't decide!! Thoughts? Suggestions?


P.S. Shaun White did win the skateboarding vert title in X-Games. It was AMAZING.

3 comments:

Molly said...

You can hang a bunch of empty picture frames..color coordinated and all sizes and buy those little silver clips things (that hold paper) and put those in the frame..she can hang art work/pictures or whatever she wants and change it all of them time. aka a cheap way to make a changeable frame :) Frames are cheap....go to goodwill or the dollar store..and spray paint them.Super cheap and original. :) Molly

Mike said...

It could use a Fathead of Grandpa.

Dave said...

I love it, great job Jess! I will have to post the girls rooms when I get them done.