Wednesday, August 17, 2011

And now, Utah Trip Recap #1

Places Luke Threw Up During Our Trip:

In the hotel bathroom after breakfast the first morning we were there
In a bag in the car on the way to eat lunch with Nathan the next day
In a bag in the car on the way to the reception two days later
At Wendy's in the middle of lunch on Monday
In line at the airport deli Tuesday morning


Places Cindy threw up on our trip:

In the hotel parking lot mere seconds before leaving for the wedding reception
In the reception center bathroom (twice)


I guess it wouldn't be a true family get together without some puking, right? (Although Luke's refunding, I believe, is not really entirely related to germs, but rather a very small esophagus and the most hypersensitive gag reflex ever to be found on planet earth.) But despite everything, the kids remained pleasant and active. Cindy managed a good time at the reception with her cousins after about an hour of being sick. I think she even had some cake that night! After Luke upchucked at Wendy's, he got right back to his food, finishing all of his hamburger and fries. Clearly and thankfully my children both got my genes when it comes to not being bothered too much by vomit :)


And now the definition of Divine Intervention:

When we got our rental car from Enterprise, they gave us a Kia Rio. My apologies to anyone who owns this car. It was "not up to my standards", shall we say. Okay, it was excruciatingly horrible and pretty much the worst car in the history of civilization. I could run faster than that car. (And we all know how slow that is) Anyway, after the first day I wanted to get a different car so bad. I kept almost calling Enterprise but figured they probably wouldn't give me a different car without significant upgrade charges. And then a miracle occurred. We parked the car downtown at a meter while we rode trax and when I came back to the car it had been ticketed for expired tags! BOO-YAH! Goodbye Kia Rio! So I got to take it back and have them apologize profusely to me and knock 10% off my bill. However, the joke was ultimately on me because they then gave me a Kia Forte. I was so close to a torrid love affair with a Ford Fusion. So close! Sigh.... Well, at least the Forte seemed to be at least a V3 AND even had power locks. Which, did save my sanity by the end of the week.

Stay tuned for the story of Luke's encounter with the paparazzi in the Phoenix airport and the two places I went that have amazing free cookies.



P.S. Pictures coming soon, but I need time to steal them from everyone on Facebook first :)

No comments: