Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome, how may I assist you?

You know what I have decided is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world? Of course you don't, so I will tell you. Live Chat customer service. It really is the only way to go when it comes to solving problems and avoiding direct personal contact with another human being; which are two things I am a huge fan of. If there is the option of Live Chat for customer service on any website where I need help, I always use it. It is so fun! First off, there is no misunderstanding each other. There is no background noise, no accents to throw you off, no need for the aviator's alphabet when giving numbers or letters. It is all in print right in front of you, clear as day. Secondly, you can do a print screen if you need anything in writing to verify what information someone told you, which is really what we all need when talking to anyone about anything. But the best part is that you feel way less inhibited when talking via computer chat and can loosen up a bit and be a little silly. Who me? Silly? For example, just now I was chatting with "Rebecca" at Bright House about my Internet. So when I asked her how much the cheapest Internet/TV package is and she typed "$94.99/month" I can type back: "Is that in pesos?" (While making an awesome choking noise that only I can hear- seriously, who does she think I am, Warren Buffett?) Then at the end of the conversation when she typed "Would you like to go ahead and order new services now?" I reply: "Not now, I have to check with my husband to see which of our children we will sell to afford the upgrade." Rebecca didn't miss a beat and promptly suggested "The oldest one, they are the most valuable." To which I said, "Is that an offer?" And she will be here at 8:30 to take a look at Cindy. JUST KIDDING! She wanted Luke... JUST KIDDING AGAIN! I would never sell my children for better Internet. I think.

No comments: