Thursday, June 23, 2011

A little bit of everything

Guess who is starting to open their eyes!!!!


If you don't think that is the cutest thing you ever saw, call your cardiologist immediately because you obviously do not have a heart.






Okay, so the sunflowers finally bloomed. While they are both no where near as tall as Cindy's skyscraper of a sunflower from last year, they are still pretty. Her tallest flower actually fell over and the squirells bit the head off of it (disgusting vermin!!!), so she had to use her second tallest flower against mine, which still blew my tiny flower out of the water. We are gonna buy more seeds and replant to see if I can redeem myself over the next few months. So the final score is Cindy: 1, Mom: Don't make me laugh! I mean, 0.






Cindy is playing soccer in a little rec league for 6 weeks at the church down the road from us. Jacob has actually been doing one-on-one soccer training sessions with her for an hour each Wednesday for the past 4 months. I have never gone with them, but he always tells me that she does really well, works hard and could have some talent with the ball. At this age, who knows, right? So anyways, we were hoping to see some of her new skills in action. In her second soccer game last Saturday she scored three goals! She was even subbed out half the game and was super anxious to get back into the action; soccer enthusiasm we have not yet seen from her! And I can honestly say as an unbiased observer that she really is the only one on the team that can consistently and very beautifully dribble the ball. And this is a co-ed league! I am super proud of her for sticking with it and giving it her all, despite the hideous weather. Playing in 90 degree temps with 80% humidity is no small feat. We tell her this is all about exercise anyway, so she definitely gets a workout. You go, girl!




Don't mess with the Ravens!


After each game they award patches to the kids so they can put them on their shirts. Game 1 she got this one: (Offense? Good Sportsmanship? Best Braids? I can't remember...)


Second game patch....Best earlobes? Fastest drink of water? I have no clue. Mom fail.




For Father's day we went to my mom's and had dinner with my parents and my brother Chris and his family. Those cousins are just so crazy when they get together!






And here is the first official published photo of my mom wearing her fuzzy head wrap thingy. Which we all agree looks mahvelous!! (And I also love this picture because of Luke's tiny wave to the camera :)


And check this out!

Cindy finally conceeded to letting her other top tooth fall out. That thing had been hanging on by a thread for about a week. And there wasn't hardly any trauma involved. Except for me forgetting to have the tooth fairy visit her. Ouch. The Mexico v. Honduras soccer game ran a little late, what can I say?

2 comments:

Linnley Marie said...

Looks like a lot of excitement going on at your house :) love the picture of the kitten

Karin said...

Your mom looks fantastic! (& Rachel still wants a kitten!)