Friday, June 10, 2011

The results are in...

Well, I made the Funfetti pancakes this morning and, sadly, they were nothing special. I was expecting the wonderful taste of a funfetti cupcake to come bursting through and instantly transport me to a fabulous morning birthday party, but honestly, these did not taste any different to me whatsoever. Plus, who else out there is a Bisquick gal (or guy)? I was raised on Bisquick pancakes and Hungry Jack and Aunt Jemima just don't really do it for me. They always come out so darn chewy. Bisquick is always so incredibly cakey and fluffy and dry. I love my Bisquick :) Anyway, as Vice President of Breakfast (it's an honorary title) I will veto Funfetti pancakes. However, I am signing a multi-million dollar grant for Betty Crocker to research and develop an instant brownie waffle mix. Preferably one where the outside is cooked but the inside remains raw. And you get to top it with ice cream. And peanut butter. With chocolate shavings. And caramel ganache. With a dollop of butter syrup and whip cream mixed together. Sugar free syrup, though. I wouldn't want to go overboard...

2 comments:

Julie Barfuss said...

You should definitely try mixing up some funfetti cake batter and cooking THAT in your waffle iron. It totally works. :-)

Karin said...

I would totally eat brownie pancakes. Keep me posted on that deal.... :)