Saturday, May 7, 2011

Three More

My kids are cracking me up right now! I know I have posted a lot of 'quickies' on here about them as of late, but you will just have to keep humoring me with their stories. Today was a Mother's Day program for first grade at Cindy's school. Each of the 7 classes picked one child to stand up and read what they had written about what makes their mom great. Cindy was picked from her class and she said "My mom is awesome because she is lucky to have me." I could not stop laughing! When she got home she brought me the copy of what she was reading. I think she was a little nervous reading in front of everyone because her paper actually said "My mom is awesome because She feels lucky to have me, and she tells me every night at dinner." That was the rest of the quote. I don't know that I tell her that every night at dinner (?) but she also said that I make the best macaroni and cheese and I play games with her and those are definitely true statements :)

Also I finally explained to my kids that Grandma Bingham's hair is going to fall out :( She starts her chemo this Thursday, so I thought I better give them a heads up. Cindy was a little shocked to hear the news, but she quickly saw the silver lining and said, "Lucky! Now she doesn't have to wash her hair!" Cindy is not the biggest fan of shampoo.


And earlier tonight I was telling Luke to get his pajamas on. After I asked him for the third time he said, "Oh, actually speaking of pajamas....I need help with those." How can I refuse help to a child that uses such wonderful phrasing? I can't!

2 comments:

Mags said...

Does she know for sure her hair will fall out? A guy out here has yet to lose his hair. Then again, I have not idea if one chemo treatment is different from the other in side effects. I sure hope all goes well with you mom. She was always very nice. Plus, she has to be some awesome kinda mom to have raised the kids she did.

Allison said...

I love reading your blog. Don't ever stop writing it. Seriously. :D