Monday, May 23, 2011

Prepare to be Astounded!

In Friday's pre-apocalyptic top ten list, I mentioned my need to finally figure out the Queen Amidala/Padme quandary I have been in since seeing Star Wars: Episode I. The question at hand is simply that I don't understand if- let's call her "the girl that marries Annakin Skywalker"- is an actual queen named Amidala or if she is just a regular common citizen named Padme. Get what I'm saying? Well, loyal Sweeneyville reader Karin Salisbury took it to a whole new level in her post comment reply by dropping this bombshell on me: Keira Knightly played Queen Amidala in that movie! ?!?!?!?!?! WHAT? I had absolutely no idea that was her! Not an inkling in the world. Never heard that fact talked about one time, anywhere, ever in my whole entire life on planet Earth. So while that tidbit of trivia does not exactly help answer my question (yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna watch the other movies to figure it out- they are horrible) it does qualify as a true mind-blowing factoid. And because I want all of you out there to have your minds equally blown, here are:

10 things I found out when I Googled "mind blowing facts":

1. Turtles have no teeth
2. The same guy who does the voice of Optimus Prime does the voice of Eeyore
3. Keifer Sutherland has a twin sister
4. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie
5. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and month
6. The average American consumes three bottles of Ketchup each year (6 if you're Luke)
7. A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court
8. The total combined weight of the world's ant population is heavier than the weight of the human population
9. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing
10. The combination “ough” can be pronounced in 9 different ways; Read this: “A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed.”

Your brain probably exploded after reading those. Sorry if you needed it. But I did warn you :)

No comments: