Saturday, May 21, 2011

A day late and a dollar short

Today as I was out and about doing my errands, I drove past my elementary school, and I immediately found myself thinking about my years at Highland City Elementary. I started thinking about the different teachers I had there, my classrooms, the fieldtrips, the kids I went to school with and all the different prisons they might be in now, you know, just remembering the good times. And then from the deepest recesses of my mind (and I mean like, Mariana Trench deep), I remembered something ridiculously amazing. I remembered the time we watched a really, really horrible PSA video starring Mr. T and he was singing about respecting your mother. And then I remembered a thing called "YouTube". And then I got really, really, really excited. So here for you now, courtesy of my super grooved brain and YouTube, is a piece of my childhood. A sad, bizarre, retina-burning piece of my childhood.

**Warning: Mr. T may or may not be wearing his camo daisey dukes in this video.**

Please put on your modesty glasses, now:



Moral of the story: Yo Momma jokes are totally unacceptable, fool! And Moms make really bad backup singers and even worse backup dancers. So do that while you're single, okay ladies?

But if only I had remembered this for Mother's Day! I am really kicking myself for that one! Sorry, Mom :( This video tribute would have been a way better present than that lame Darth Vader plate...

1 comment:

Erika said...

This has been stuck in my head ever since I watched it.