Friday, May 13, 2011

Now that's a wig of a different color!

So Blogger was apparently attacked by aliens or was temporarily staffed by U of U grads because they completely shut down and messed up everything over the past 24 hours. Thankfully my last blog post did just get restored and so hopefully things won't suddenly disappear anymore- but I guess you never know what you will find when you come here. But if something is amiss, just know it wasn't me :)

Well, after 24 hours of her first chemo treatment, my mom is doing okay. A little nauseous, a bad headache and carsickness so far. But bless her heart, she did make it up to the American Cancer Society here in Lakeland and picked out two wigs today! I got to meet her there with my dad and help her try some on. She was very patient and humored me by trying on all kinds of hair- even big ridiculous hair that made her roll her eyes at me. All of the wigs are free and she can borrow them for however long she needs. They also gave her some cool head scarves and a t-shirt. They were so very kind, very helpful and best of all, they let ME try on some wigs! (Which makes them AWESOME!) Honestly, everyone should do this at least once in their lives. It was totally cool to see myself in other hair! And it was even MORE meant to be because I just happened to have my camera in my purse (that never happens) and Dad was just a little bit more than willing to document the moments for me:

(I was not wearing a stitch of makeup, which only makes me more convinced I could totally wear one of these one day if I were all glammed up...)



Ever wondered what would have happened if the redhead gene didn't stop working after my older brothers were born? Well, here ya go. Actually, I look like I'm just about to sing "It's a Hard Knock Life" and give my dog, Sandy, a bath.















It's not necessarily the hair that is scary, it's the face. I admit it. I don't know what I was doing on that one...
















Wow, Jacob is right. Short hair is a big no-no for me. The white blond doesn't help things either. On the skunky scale, this one is a 10. But I think I look German for some reason...









The Britney hair! I was secretly dying to try this one on. I haven't had hair that was longer than my shoulders since I was 8! And since I have curly hair now and bangs are not a good idea for me, this wig was the culmination of dreaming the impossible dream!! I loved this wig. The color might be a little wrong, but having big hair and bangs was pretty awesome, I won't lie. Additionally, for any of you out there who really wanted a legit "after" photo for p90x, check out those arms and that amazing definition! I have a divot, people! You wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley late at night. Although, you could still see pretty well from the glow of the wig...

2 comments:

Mags said...

If you had to use any of them, go with the first one. Which one did your mom pick? I don't like the super short one either or maybe bleach blond isn't your thing?

Michelle said...

That still doesn't count as a legit photo! The wigs however, are awesome!