Monday, May 16, 2011

A Cindy Quickie

The other day Cindy was looking for my old glasses that I let her wear for fun. She came in and asked me if I had seen them. I told her to look in the bathroom drawer. She went to look and then came back and said very accusingly, "Mom, they weren't in there!!" I said, "Well, I thought I saw them in there..." And then she stopped me and said, "Thought you saw them? Okay, I need you to tell me where you totally saw them." Ooooh, well, why didn't you say so in the first place! I "totally" saw them under the eighty piles of laundry strewn about your room in such a way that I cannot see your carpet or safely enter without my HazMat suit :)


To her credit, Cindy saw the picture I posted of the sunflowers in the garden and was very quick to look me dead in the eye, and say with the most sincere gusto I have ever heard, "Your sunflowers are NOT lame! They are beautiful!" And then she gave me a hug :) So I guess it's kinda okay if she kicks my fanny.

No comments: