1. At least 14,000 extras and 15,000 animals were used during the filming the movie The Ten Commandments.
2. Famous people with October 10th birthdays: Brett Favre, David Lee Roth, and Tanya Tucker. And out of my 179 friends on Facebook, ZERO of them have a birthday on October 10th.
3. Here are the ten events that make up a Decathlon:
100 yard dash
110 meter hurdles
4. Ten things that came up on Google when I typed in the word “ten” in the search box:
Teneroc high school
Ten ton hammer
Ten thousand villages
Ten years after
5. I just looked at Jacob and asked, “Quick, what is a shape with ten sides called?” And without hesitation he said, “Decagon.” He really is a Geometry teacher! (And then he proceeded to tell me that a shape with 13 sides is called a “Thirteenagon." I'm not falling for that one, mister. So I just Googled it and NO WAY, Jose! I think it might be real, but more importantly; it is almost a veritable Googlewhack- just 2 RESULTS! I am still in shock…
6. A ten gallon hat is often thought to be large enough to hold ten gallons of water. This is not true (unless you have an exceptionally large head). The gallon in "ten gallon hat" derives from the Spanish galón meaning braid. So a ten-gallon hat is a hat with a braiding around the brim.
7. Don Carter became the first athlete of any kind to sign a $1 million (U.S.) endorsement contract, inking a multi-year deal with Ebonite International in 1964. He was a professional ten pin bowler. Boo-yah!
8. The edge of each dime has 118 reeds, or small grooves milled into it.
9. Here is the 10th picture, from the tenth picture folder on my computer (entiled "Bingham Beach Trip"). Ha! I LOVE this picture of Cindy. Best one I have ever taken :)
10. Top Ten Rejected Top Ten List Ideas
10. Top Ten Ways to Steal Cable
9. Top Ten Roman Numerals Between ii and xviii
8. Top Ten BYU Football Victories of 2010
7. Top Ten Reasons It's Better to Build Your Laundry Room Yourself
6. Top Ten Twelve Apostles
5. Top Ten 11 Herbs and Spices
4. Top Ten Obama Speeches
3. Top Ten Vowels (Including Y!)
2. Top Ten Episodes of Dora The Explorer
1. Top Ten Things Better Than Reading This Blog