Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Degree of Difficulty

I remember reading a church article one time that asserted that Motherhood will draw on every facet of formal education one receives over the years; so whether one actually works outside the home using a college degree or not, the calling of "Mom" will require in some way for you to use all that knowledge, creativity, critical thinking, judgement, etc. you developed while earning that degree. I wholeheartedly agree with this thinking. Mostly because now I have to help my kids with their homework. Which requires nothing less than having to figure out ridiculous mathematical word problems, writing stories about runaway apples, and even magically turning a pumpkin into a pigeon :)



Let's face it, we ROCKED this assignment!
(P.S. Thank You, DeAnne for the pipe cleaners and googly eyes! You're a lifesaver!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is the cutest pigeon ever!

Meredith said...

Oh wow! Your pumpkin pigeon is adorable! I thought it was a stuffed animal until I looked closer. Good job!

Karin said...

You are an amazing mother!!!! Thank heavens for formal education to help us with all those assignments we now inherit!!!!! :)