Friday, September 10, 2010

An Experiment

Okay, so later tonight I am running the first of 4 races over the next 24 hours. This is an annual event put on by the Lakeland Runner's Club called the "Aching Quad Series." (They are so clever with their double entendre!) So tonight is a 5k at 7:30pm, then tomorrow morning is a 1 mile sprint at 7am, followed by a 2 mile race at 8:30am and then another 5k at 7pm that night. Challenging? Yes. Something I might regret? Definitely. But I even convinced Jacob to run the Saturday night 5k with me, which will be twice as awesome because somewhere in Utah, his brother Nathan, is supposed to be running a 5K and I think there was a little smack being talked last week. So I am thinking there are some bragging rights on the line :) And speaking of Nathan, a while back he posted a song link on my Facebook page. It was to a song called "Magic" by B.O.B and the lead singer of Weezer (who's name I can't remember right now). Anyway, it's a great song, really catchy and as I have used it on my ipod while running these past few weeks, I have decided that it's absolutely hands-down the BEST song of all time to run to. It has the perfect cadence and rhythm. It makes me a run faster and push myself to keep up with the beat and even when I hear it at the end of the run and I am dead tired, I still have to run fast, the beat is just too infectious not to. So my experiment is this: I will put the song "Magic" on my 5K playlist for tonight 3 seperate times; then I can see if it improves my time. Hearing it once makes me pick up the pace, so three times really should be Magic, right? This is psychological warfare at it's finest. Film at 11...

Here is the song in question if you want to hear a snippet- I have checked the lyrics, they are clean :)

1 comment:

Mags said...

So wow, yea that song would make you pick up the pave a bit.